Saturday, February 11, 2012

What little thing can you do for yourself today?


Sometimes we get caught up in everyone else's life that we don't pay attention to our own. Do you ever think about what it is you want to do in this lifetime? I know there are the regular things like going to college, getting married, having babies, taking care of your husband, raising the kids and sometimes even taking care of your parents too. Do you take care of yourself at the same time?

I know I spent my childhood taking care of my siblings, only to get married at the ripe early age of 17 and then raising 4 daughters. I put myself into a bad marriage and eventually divorced, but I really didn't have an upbringing that taught me life and that there are choices. I divorced at 24 and I still didn't know myself, I went from watching kids as a kid to having kids.

It wasn't until I was truly in my late forties that I was finally figuring out who I was and what kind of life I wanted to live. I found that I was actually learning along the way and making changes however small they seemed at the time toward becoming the person I deserved to be. I also discovered what came naturally for me and what I was willing to sacrifice to live the life I wanted.

Through this process, I learned how to take care of myself and what that meant to me. It is important to me to be healthy, don't get me wrong, I still do some things that aren't considered 100% healthy but I also don't believe in deprivation and being true to myself as much as I feel comfortable with.

Choices are available to us everyday and I am the only one responsible to myself and for myself. I now take a better look at what I do and how I really feel about things. Think about something you can do for yourself today that has nothing to do with anybody else and would really be special to you and then DO IT for you.

If you would like to set up a consultation, contact me.

No comments: