Sunday, February 5, 2012

I put the "personal" in my services.

Aside from being a great fitness professional and coach the biggest difference maker I have in my business is employing the personal approach.  The more personal, the better my business.  I listen to you.  I hear you.  I help you through the vulnerable times.  I help you with self esteem issues.  I help you realize you are important and you deserve everything you desire.  I provide the tools to help you live a healthier lifestyle.  You use the tools, you take the chance to make the change, you see results, you succeed.

Our world has become so automated and its hard to find the personal voice or touch these days.  Most supermarkets have gone to automated check outs.  Every big business tries to direct you to their website instead of interacting and connecting with a human to answer your questions.  When you call a business, how many menu options do you have to go through to get a human voice?

And the fitness world is becoming over run with cheap gyms trying to rent you access to their equipment.  Boot camps that are a dime a dozen run by trainers that may not even know your name or care if you come or not.  All gyms and trainers are not like this, but if everyone went to the gym that paid for a gym membership, you would not be able to get through the doorway.  Think about stepping foot in a gym in January after the New Year.

Working on your self esteem, addictions and respect to take care of you can be a very private, vulnerable journey and confidentiality, caring and understanding is important and a very "personal" thing.

My passion is to be the destination for clients in my area, to be their go to trainer and being personal is my secret weapon.  Greeting my clients at the front door and by name is something I enjoy doing.  When I ask them how they're doing or how their day was, I truly care about what they have to say.

Sending personal cards, notes, emails and texts often is not as personal but its still a great way to keep in touch.  If there is something important going on in their life, I always support them by asking how its going, because the focus is always on the client not me.

Approaching my business this way is why I love what I do, because most of my business comes from word of mouth and forming personal relationships.  Relationship networking is important to me.  I find its best to form longer term, more authentic relationships is much better than just selling sessions to people that don't truly want to make it a lifestyle change.

If you treat your clients like family and treat your prospects like clients and treat everyone like prospects, success and prosperity will follow.

This is why I put the "personal" in my services.

No comments: