Thursday, January 12, 2012

7 of 30 Things to Stop Doing To Yourself and Start Doing For Yourself

Stop being scared to make a mistake. – Doing something and getting it wrong is at least ten times more productive than doing nothing.  Every success has a trail of failures behind it, and every failure is leading towards success.  You end up regretting the things you did NOT do far more than the things you did.


When we were children we didn't even think twice about trying something new, about reaching for something just out of arms length.  What happened when reached?  We either touched it or we fell.  We either picked ourselves back up or we sat there crying waiting for someone to pick us up.  Fast forward 20 years, do you still reach for things or do you just cry about not be able to touch it?  Oh, I have reached and fallen so many times and I use to think why didn't that work for me.  I wish my life growing up would have been different and I didn't have to make so many mistakes, but I learned the biggest lesson of all and that was how to take care of me and love me, not depend on anyone else.  Life is wonderful when you have loved ones around but life funtabulous when you love yourself and you have loved ones around.  WM  of PBC

Start valuing the lessons your mistakes teach you. – Mistakes are okay; they’re the stepping stones of progress.  If you’re not failing from time to time, you’re not trying hard enough and you’re not learning.  Take risks, stumble, fall, and then get up and try again.  Appreciate that you are pushing yourself, learning, growing and improving.  Significant achievements are almost invariably realized at the end of a long road of failures.  One of the ‘mistakes’ you fear might just be the link to your greatest achievement yet.


I continue to make mistakes, albeit not as drastic as when I was younger, because I know me and the waters I may be testing.  I love pushing myself and seeing how far I am willing to stretch my arm out to touch.  I still get scared, I still think what if, but I am happy that I am willing to give it a try knowing it may or may not work.  What are you wanting to do and keep putting off?  TRY IT.  WM of PBC

No comments: