Sunday, January 8, 2012

5 of 30 Things to stop doing to yourself and start doing for yourself.

Stop trying to be someone you’re not. – One of the greatest challenges in life is being yourself in a world that’s trying to make you like everyone else.  Someone will always be prettier, someone will always be smarter, someone will always be younger, but they will never be you.  Don’t change so people will like you.  Be yourself and the right people will love the real you.


I love this because so many people especially women try to be what their parents want them to be as they grow up, what the newest model looks like, what their spouses want them to be in their relationship.  The mold of being someone else needs to be broken.  I have had clients find their power within and start to figure out who they.  WM of PBC


Start being yourself, genuinely and proudly. – Trying to be anyone else is a waste of the person you are.  Be yourself.  Embrace that individual inside you that has ideas, strengths and beauty like no one else.  Be the person you know yourself to be – the best version of you – on your terms.  Above all, be true to YOU, and if you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it.


It's never too late to start being yourself.  If you have lived a life of everyone else's expectations, its time to start living YOUR life.  It can get scary growing up at any age.  This one resonates with me because I lived a fast, hard life and didn't know who I was until I started really going within to find out what kind of person I truly wanted to be.  I didn't start living MY life until my late 40's and I would never go back to living how I thought I was suppose to or just had to in order to survive.  If you don't like the person you've grown into, change it, do it differently.  It really is that easy.  WM of PBC


Great article from http://www.marcandangel.com and I've added my own opinion

No comments: