Friday, January 13, 2012

8 of 30 Things to Stop Doing To Yourself and Start Doing For Yourself

Stop berating yourself for old mistakes. – We may love the wrong person and cry about the wrong things, but no matter how things go wrong, one thing is for sure, mistakes help us find the person and things that are right for us.  We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past.  But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here NOW with the power to shape your day and your future.  Every single thing that has ever happened in your life is preparing you for a moment that is yet to come.

Have you ever just sat down and said WHY?  I have so many times in my life.  I have struggled, regretted and even thanked myself for going through the times I have.  I didn't grow up with a support system and relied heavily on myself to get through all the tough times.  I didn't fair to well on some of life choices but I don't berate myself because of them.  I had me to work with and what I knew and could deal with at the time.  I learned from everything I have encountered in my past and that has allowed me to learn even more about me and how I want to live my future.  WM  of PBC

Start being more polite to yourself. – If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow that person to be your friend?  The way you treat yourself sets the standard for others.  You must love who you are or no one else will.


When you start realizing that self sabotaging thoughts will get you nowhere you want to be, you will then start to catch yourself when you say something degrading.  The first step is realizing it, then stopping yourself and think about what you are saying.  If it just isn't true then acknowledge with something that is true.  For example; if you say I always feel like crap.  Do you really always?  Recognize it when you say it and then recant with something like, well that was ridiculous, of course I don't always feel like crap, there are plenty of days when i feel spectacular and this is one of those days.  WM of PBC 

No comments: