Friday, November 4, 2011

Diagnose, then prescribe.

Diagnosing, then prescribing, is a principle that's appropriate for medicine, law, product design, engineering, and much more.  In fact, it's a principle evident in all areas of life.  It has its greatest power, though, in the area of interpersonal relations.

This is so true, especially in my business.  As a professional I need to have all the information before making a decision on how to design a fitness program based on fitness assessments, past history and any medical issues.  Yesterday I had an appointment with a woman who won a gift certificate for private session with me to create an exercise program with the equipment she had at home.  Sounds pretty easy, right?  We exchanged a couple emails to find out what kind of equipment she had and I gave her instructions on how to download my required paperwork to be filled out prior to our meeting.

If I based my exercise prescription on the information given to me in the emails, it could be a recipe for disaster.  People tend to hold back on very serious matters such as heart problems, high blood pressure, knee issues and they could end up doing more harm than good.  I need all the information about your health before I can create a good, sound program for you.  If I give you a exercise regime that hurts you, then you are not going to have much confidence in me or maybe any other Certified Personal Trainer in the future.

That really isn't good for business, now is it?  Do yourself a favor and hire a Professional, know what and who you are dealing with when it comes to your health.  I am your client as well as you are mine.

Please visit My website for lots of great information, exercises, tips and motivational articles.

No comments: