Thursday, December 2, 2010

How is your bed treating your body?

I am out of state waiting anxiously to attend a think tank mastermind group tomorrow and as i sit here on the bed doing some computer work in yet another hotel room (I had a house fire in Sept so i live in a hotel for a couple more weeks that is), i was thinking about how much time we actually spend in bed and if you get your 8 hours sleep then you spend a third of your life in bed. That is quite a bit of time.

Since I've been traveling and living in a hotel I've been very conscious about bedding and i miss what once was my bed. Can't wait for the new one to arrive. I've been very fortunate that the bed in my hotel (home) is actually very comfy. But i do remember the many years ago when i had a water bed and many back problems to go along with it. I thought my water bed was great for my back until i actually bought a mattress that supported me.

There are so many options out there to choose from in bedding and pillows. If you have been hanging on to the same old pillow you've had for years you may want to think about trading it in for a newer model. Also if your sleeping in a sinkhole, make sure you are rotating your mattress, you get more years out of it and possibly out of your back too.

Be good to your body and you will be amazed at how it will be good to you.

2 comments:

Margo said...

Wanda, love, love, love this topic. We spend one-third of our lives in bed so how well we sleep is important. Supporting your back and your neck is critical. I actually have a pillow lender program so my customers can get the perfect pillow. I've never had a return!!! I started that after hearing about people with 125+ pillows in their closets that they couldn't return! Can you imagine?!?!? One of the reasons I got involved with Private Quarters bed and bath linens is b/c we noticed a HUGE improvement in our sleep comfort with our first purchased Private Quarters mattress cover. So, next time we talk, ask me why it's NOT all about high thread count when looking for a soft, high-quality, cotton sheet. You can have the lowest quality 1200 thread count sheet if you don't know what you're really looking for...

Wanda said...

Hey Margo
Buying a pillow is so very hard. Awesome program, didn't know that was available. We just special ordered our new bed, its being made and shipped from north carolina. I do want to get some sheets. We will have to set up a meeting.