Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mistake #1 - Not making exercise a top priority

Women commonly forfeit budgeting in time for regular exercise and/or they do not exercise enough. Adult females should do a minimum of two days of full body weight training per week and no more than 3 days a week with a day of rest in between.  Women should also incorporate 30-minute cardio workouts most days of the week. 


Sometimes we get caught up in everyone else's life that we don't pay attention to our own.  I know we have the family obligations of taking care of the kids, our spouses and possibly even our parents, however; our biggest responsibility is to take a little time for ourselves.


Here are some positive reasons to exercise;

  • In 8 weeks you can gain 1.75lbs lean muscle and lose 3.5lbs of fat.
  • For every 3lbs of muscle you gain, you lose 10-12lbs fat a year just because of your resting metabolism
  • You can increase your strength by 30-50% 
  • Your bone density can increase by 13% in 6 months
  • Use sugar more efficiently by 23% over 4 months
  • Can reduce the use of prescription drugs 
  • Eliminate or reduce back pain
One of the most positive reasons I found for myself was the time spent on me.  I always feel better when I am exercising regularly, eating better (most of the time) and hiking.  Hiking is my saving grace, spending time in nature always gives me the extra boost should I need one.  We have a natural gym outside and by combining our least expensive piece of equipment (our body), we have NO EXCUSES to not making exercise our top priority.

If you want further help or join in an exercise program Contact me

No comments: