Monday, January 23, 2012

18 of 30 Things to Stop Doing To Yourself and Start Doing For Yourself

Stop holding grudges. – Don’t live your life with hate in your heart.  You will end up hurting yourself more than the people you hate.  Forgiveness is not saying, “What you did to me is okay.”  It is saying, “I’m not going to let what you did to me ruin my happiness forever.”  Forgiveness is the answer… let go, find peace, liberate yourself!  And remember, forgiveness is not just for other people, it’s for you too.  If you must, forgive yourself, move on and try to do better next time.


When you hold grudges and blame, you hold it all in and that causes you to continuously think about it and play the victim role.  When something bad happens to you, talk about it, act on it and then let it go.  Usually the one's that hurt us don't even realize or care that we are still hurting.  If it's something that has happened in the past, get it out, right it down, whatever needs to be done and then get over it.  A disclaimer here, if it's something that is really causing issues in your life, see a professional. WM of PBC


Start forgiving yourself and others. – We’ve all been hurt by our own decisions and by others.  And while the pain of these experiences is normal, sometimes it lingers for too long.  We relive the pain over and over and have a hard time letting go.  Forgiveness is the remedy.  It doesn’t mean you’re erasing the past, or forgetting what happened.  It means you’re letting go of the resentment and pain, and instead choosing to learn from the incident and move on with your life.


This is hard to grasp and I have been involved in many conversations about forgiveness.  I forgive myself for the situations and choices I have made over the years, they were made, they are in my past and nothing can change that now.  I have made really bad choices and I have make some really good choices, but most of all I have learned and taken steps to make better choices.  I am still learning about myself and welcome the opportunity to take this journey.  WM of PBC

No comments: