Thursday, June 2, 2011

Is your life worth a 99 cent heart attack?

How often do you go to the fast food restaurants and order from the value menu? Does it mean you are getting a better deal, well it depends on the perspective you are coming from. How often do you upsize because it was either free or just under a buck?

On the few occasions I do go out, I am always asked if I want to get a larger meal and I say NO, they actually try very hard to sell me on it and when it is free, the order taker just can't believe that I would turn it down.

Have you been told by your mother to always clean your plate? Have you really taken a look at the size of your dinner plate these days? They are huge, I eat most of my meals on the salad plate and believe it or not I am full after that.

Another misnomer is; I eat a salad when I go out, some of the salads they sell these days are huge, I could probably get 3 meals out of one salad. Take a chicken ceasar salad for example; do you know how much chicken they put on it?

Most times when I go out for dinner I will immediately order the to go box so I am not tempted to eat everything on my plate. Most places are happy to accomodate when you do ask.

Recognizing some of these little details could save you a pound or two.

No comments: