Friday, December 2, 2011

Mindfullness


"Mindfulness is the practice of aiming your attention, moment to moment, in the direction of your purpose.  It is called mindfulness because you have to keep your purpose in mind as you watch your attention.  Then, whenever you notice that your aim has drifted off, you calmly realign it."  Frank Andrews

I being mindful of what I do, what I think and how I react is an ongoing practice and always in need of a tune up.  To be mindful that I am aligned with my purpose is to assume I know what my purpose is.  This can be one of the most challenging parts of my journey.  When I do, say or feel what is right and there is no resistance, I fell I might be on the right path to learning what my purpose in life is.

When I begin to recognize what my purpose is and I become very passionate about it, I begin to see how everything ties together, how one door opens and although it may shut very quickly, I realize I've learned something from even that short encounter.  Life will always throw some roadblocks in just to steer you off course and I find that to be a little interesting because it really brings me back to center and once again help me mindful of who I am.  WM




No comments: