Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Celebration - A definition..

I wrote this for the Center For Powerful Living newsletter.

To observe, to praise publicly and to participate in any joyous diversion is to celebrate.

There are many definitions of the word celebration and a few that resonate with me are to observe, to praise publicly and participate in any joyous diversion would be my favorite.
I observe;         
  • life by participating fully and enjoying every part of it
  • what I’ve experienced over the years and find meaning in the good and bad of those experiences
  • what and how I feel about situations I find myself in and what I’m supposed to learn from it
  • what choices I am making or have made and whether I am growing and moving toward or away from my life’s purpose
I praise publicly;
  • by supporting others in their life and health journeys
  • by giving to others and offering of myself to help with no expectations in return
  • by offering words of inspiration on a daily basis to others
  • by praising others when at times it seems I’ve said just the right thing at the right time when someone needed it most and didn’t even realize it
I participate in any joyous diversion;
  • I enjoy the little things in life and by realizing we never know when our paths will cross again or end
  • I enjoy the “I loved that or I loved doing that” and never saying “maybe someday”
  • I enjoy riding my Harley through the countryside, imagining myself living in that old farmhouse or a mountain home, or a beach house and even in a quaint little artsy cottage
  • I enjoy the freedom to choose because everything is a choice and mine to make
  • I enjoy breathing in the crisp air on a bright winter morning
  • I enjoy nature and all the surprises I come across as I hike through the forest and mountains
  • I enjoy understanding and loving myself
  • I enjoy being adventurous enough to step outside of my comfort zone spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically
  • I enjoy sharing and caring
  • I enjoy seeing pictures of the grandchildren as they grow up
  • I enjoy the youthfulness in our puppies and their willingness to share it with our 11 year old dog
  • I enjoy the love and support of my partner
I celebrate being alive, healthy, loving others and receiving love in return as well as sharing my healthy passions and habits with others so they too can celebrate in the joy of living.

No comments: