Thursday, April 12, 2012

Do you have enough spring in your step?

Spring is here and we have to come out of hibernation.  Did you make the decision to curl up on the couch, veg out with your blanket and the fireplace roaring in the background for the winter?  Did you think that when spring arrived you would wake up from your funk and have more energy?  Surprise you probably have less energy now.

How you wake up in the morning is a big indicator on how your day is going to pan out.  Do you wake up grumpy?  Do you look at the clock and hit snooze 3 times?  Do you roll over groaning that it is another day at a job you just can't stand?  You are doomed to have a bad day when you look at life this way.

Would it be safe to say that I am an energetic person?  

This is how our household wakes up every morning;

I don't wake up to a regular alarm, that loud buzz just doesn't work for me.  I don't wake up to a radio because I would just sing in my sleep instead.  I wake up with a Zen clock and when the sun starts coming up earlier (515ish earlier), I won't even need the clock.  My zen clock dings one time and I am awake.  Mel our 12 year old sheltie pops up and is very excited about being awake.  Our 3 year old puppies then wake up and come to visit me.  I roll over kiss my spouse, say good morning sunshine and I love you.  Mel plops on her back and wiggles around until my feet hit the floor then its time to play.  I get down on the floor and stretch with the puppies and then up to take them outside and get my cup of coffee.

Isn't that a much better way to wake up?  If you are fatigued and need to get some spring back in your step, contact me.  Incorporating exercise into your day can change the way you wake up.

No comments: