Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Running from the dogs for years.

One of my favorite metaphors from Wayne Dyer.

Have you ever been confronted by a dog that lives around the block and you have been avoiding this dog for a long time because it's scary, it barks and growls at you every time you see it?

You do everything possible to avoid confrontation and walking past this dog every chance you can. You will take a look to see if this dog is out there around the corner and if it's out you will go out of your way to go the other direction.

Finally one day you say I've had enough, I'm not going to let this dog run my life and make me scared each time I think about walking around the block.

You go out, you see that dog is out there and you face your fears and the dog. Now that you are close enough, you notice the dog doesn't even have teeth, it just growls at you but there is nothing behind that growl.

How many things in your life are you running from that doesn't have any teeth and can't bite you?

Get close, take a look and notice, you may be scared about nothing.

If you are interested in more articles, tips, and specials sign up for newsletter.

No comments: